We are on a mission to help the staffing and HR community supercharge their results by using AI powered workflow automation.
As a Senior Engineer (Python)you will be demonstrating technical proficiency on a daily basis with a fellow team of highly skilled software engineers. You will bring your considerable experience in applying cloud computing concepts to our SAAS product suite on Google Cloud Platform. You will help refine, implement and work with colleagues to produce high quality software within the SDLC. You will report into the CTO and demonstrate core values of honesty, transparency and responsibility at all times. You will contribute to designs, architecture and best practices.
You will work with Customer Success and Product to deliver on the company’s technical vision.
- A positive attitude and are open to working in a fast paced environment
- You aren’t daunted by engineering challenges.
- You can see the detail, and the big picture that it fits into.
- You enjoy collaboration and can work well with others.
- You will have at least 3 years of commercial experience using Python, and at least 5 years commercial experience of one of Python, C, C++, Rust, Go, C#, Java or Scala.
- Your current/previous role is at least at Senior level.
- You must have modern Python experience.
- You understand the implications and benefits of multi-threading and multi-process optimisation as well as Python limitations.
- You must have used FastAPI in recent roles, or Flask and be prepared to make the transition.
- You must have used Pydantic.
- You must be used to using type annotations.
- You must have used Dependency Injection and be able to articulate why it is important.
- You must understand SOA and SOLID.
- You should find unit testing using Pytest and fixtures effortless.
- You should have experience of up to date event driven, event sourcing or streaming patterns and how they are applied.
- You should have a strong background in writing secure applications.
- You must be able to work on brand new features, experimental technology as well as work on existing codebases and fit in with the patterns and architectural vision.
- You should have some experience with ML techniques.
- You must have experience working on FAAS or other managed services on a major cloud platform and be used to the shift in thinking that it requires.
- You must have experience with NoSQL databases, preferably Mongo Atlas.
- You should have moved away from using Django and Celery some years ago, if you ever used it, and have made the shift to more modern paradigms (Serverless).
- You aren’t reliant on ORM’s to work with data.
Be the first to know aboutnew jobs every week
Get 8 new jobs with salaries, once per week! Sign up here so you don't miss a single newsletter.