Senior Backend Engineer
Headquarters: Boulder, CO
- Fully own the backend implementation for new features. This position is our team's first dedicated backend hire.
- Designing and implementing scalable and robust backend systems and APIs
- Collaborate closely with frontend engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to define and deliver high-quality features
- Optimizing performance and scalability of backend services
- Identifying and resolving technical issues and bugs
- Conducting code reviews and providing constructive feedback to team members
- Mentoring and guiding junior engineers in best practices and technical skills
- Significant professional experience as a backend engineer, with a focus on designing and building scalable systems
- Experience with relational databases, including writing migrations and queries in SQL
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Experience working in a startup environment. Pre-Series A experience is highly preferred.
- Experience building, scaling, and migrating Postgres databases in distributed environments.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible work hours and remote work options
To apply please email a PDF Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be the first to know aboutnew jobs every week
Get 8 new jobs with salaries, once per week! Sign up here so you don't miss a single newsletter.