Software Engineer - Logs Query Team
Location ( United States or Canada, open to 100% remote)
At Sumo Logic, we ingest petabytes of data every day, and empower our customers by providing them extremely reliable and fast tools to derive meaningful insights from their data. The log search team plays a dual role at Sumo. We sell the log search product directly to our customers. At the same time, our other solutions like security and tracing, use the log search platform as a backbone.
- Design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage petabytes of customer data.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- Experience with CICD and On-call production support
- B.Tech, M.Tech, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related discipline
- 1-3 years of industry experience. This is a Swe-2 level role, not for a new grad, and not a Senior Engineer
- Object-oriented experience, for example in Java, Scala, Ruby, or C++.
- Understand the performance characteristics of commonly used data structures (maps, lists, trees, etc).
- Desire to learn Scala, an up-and-coming JVM language (scala-lang.org).
- Experience in multi-threaded programming and distributed systems is highly desirable.
- Experience in big data and/or 24x7 commercial service is highly desirable.
- You should be happy working with Unix (Linux, OS X).
- Agile software development experience (test-driven development, iterative and incremental development) is a plus.
Sumo Logic, Inc., empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Through its SaaS analytics platform, Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.
The expected annual base salary range for this position is $109,000 - $148,000 USD. In addition to base pay you will be offered our full benefits offerings and the opportunity to participate in an employee funded equity investment. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors which include (but aren’t limited to) role level, skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, location, and experience.
- Health, Dental, Vision- Insurance
- 401k and Life Insurance options
- Unlimited PTO with 15+ days of recognized holidays
- Quarterly Wellness days
- 100% remote with option to be in office if you want (Bay Area, Austin, Denver, NYC)
- 3 months of paid parental leave
Sumo Logic, Inc. empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications through its Sumo Logic SaaS Analytics Log Platform, which helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers worldwide rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.
Be the first to know aboutnew jobs every week
Get 8 new jobs with salaries, once per week! Sign up here so you don't miss a single newsletter.