Wealthify is an ambitious, multi-award-winning online investment company located in Penarth, Wales. We’re here to inspire anyone to build their future wealth, and we do this by making investing easy, affordable, and accessible.
We want to inspire as many people to invest as possible. We’re rapidly growing, and so we’re hiring talented people who are purpose driven and want to use and develop their skills to deliver an awesome experience to our customers.
Our team is engaging, inquisitive, and inclusive, reflecting many different beliefs and backgrounds. We welcome people who can bring diversity to our team, and work towards a shared goal to deliver an exceptional investment experience.
What your job will be
You’ll be working as a software engineer in a cross-functional squad of designers, product, engineers, and testers, to deliver new products and features. You’ll be working on .NET backend APIs to support our mobile app built with Flutter. Squads develop and own features end-to-end, so you’ll have opportunity to work across a wide range of technologies and have input into new features from the early planning stages through to their release.
We’re hosted in Microsoft Azure and take advantage of cloud technologies to ensure our platform is secure, fast, and scales to meet demand.
All team members participate in architecture and design choices, sprint planning and code reviewing; and tech leads are on hand to coach and mentor others. We write high quality, high performance, scalable code, and release small and often, using Git and Azure DevOps. Developers all contribute to code reviews, knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
What we’re looking for
We value simplicity, communication, teamwork, trust, and confidence. These core values are what make us tick and keep us all on the same page - not just with how we work individually, but how we engage with each other and the service we offer.
We don’t need you to tick all these boxes (in fact we’d encourage you to apply even if you don’t!), but this gives you an idea of what we are looking for:
- Experience as a software developer building RESTful APIs
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills
- Effective communicator
- Attention to detail
- Advocate of code quality, clean code, and best practice
- Microsoft stack (C#, .NET Core, SQL, Azure)
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Experience of test-driven development (unit testing, mocking, integration testing)
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum or cross functional teams
- Understanding of DevOps practices (CI&CD)
- Familiarity of Cloud environments (e.g., Azure)
- Mentoring/coaching/team working
What we give you in return
- Competitive salary up to £45,000
- 24 days holiday a year–plus bank holidays (you’ll earn an extra day holiday for each full year you’re with us, up to 28 days)
- Annual leave buy and sell scheme
- Hybrid/remote working options
- Flexible working hours in line with business needs
As most of the Wealthify team are working from home, all interviews will be carried out remotely. Our offices in Penarth Marina have recently been refurbished and are available for any of our team to use.
We’re a responsible company and are constantly working to improve our culture, ethics, impact on the environment, and our contribution to charitable causes.
Be the first to know aboutnew jobs every week
Get 8 new jobs with salaries, once per week! Sign up here so you don't miss a single newsletter.