Job Title: Senior Craft CMS / PHP CMS Developer
While we already have a number of Craft developers on our team, we're looking for more. We’re growing!
Our projects vary in size and often include features and functionality that go beyond traditional brochure sites with a simple CMS. We integrate our client’s sites with a variety of systems, services, and APIs, such as e-commerce, search engines, CRMs and marketing automation tools, digital asset management systems, ERP systems, and more.
You’ll be working on 3-4 projects at any time; typically one larger project and a few smaller projects to keep things fresh. We’re a fast-paced agency with a great team environment, so you’ll never get bored. We need someone who loves keeping up-to-date on the newest advancements in the field and can figure out when to start applying those advancements to client work. You'll work with other smart developers who can help you grow and challenge you, as well as help you along the way. You’ll also be communicating directly with clients and with our project managers to understand their requirements and present your work. Your job will be fun, challenging, and interesting.
- Building new applications, websites, and features with a variety of platforms including Craft CMS, Laravel, and more.
- Contributing to high-level architecture planning, consulting with our internal team on approach and level of effort, directing more junior developers.
- Flexing your muscles on aspects of application development outside of app code: database modeling, query optimization, setting up efficient logging and monitoring solutions, and other advanced requirements for highly functioning apps (you do not need to be a DBA/Systems Administrator/DevOps expert).
- Working closely with our front-end and back-end development teams on website projects. We’ll want and expect your input on the best ways to structure the build — from start to finish.
- Writing and maintaining clear documentation of your work, so that others on the team can pick up where you left off or learn from your experience on a project.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest development technologies and methodologies.
Skills & Qualifications:
- You should have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience, preferably in a technical role.
- Deep knowledge of PHP and web application architecture (experience with other languages, such as Python, Ruby, Node, etc. are a plus as well)
- Previous Craft CMS (or ExpressionEngine, Drupal, WordPress, other PHP-based CMS) experience
- Previous MVC framework experience, Laravel is strongly preferred.
- Ability to understand user behavior and intent, and use this information to build intuitive apps and websites for our clients.
- Knowledge of Git, we use it on all projects.
- Experience with infrastructure and devops, including AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Heroku, Docker, etc.
- Ability to work and collaborate on a team with others.
The salary range for this position is $95,000 - $140,000 per year, depending on experience
What we offer:
- Healthy work/life balance.
- A creative environment to do the best work of your career.
- An amazing team of developers, designers, marketers, and project managers.
- Flexible hours.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Retirement plan with company matching.
About Happy Cog:
Happy Cog is a growing interactive agency of 80+ people, all working 100% remotely.
We design, develop, and market websites and mobile apps for a wide variety of clients -- everyone from small startups, to Fortune 100s. Projects we've recently worked on have included online ordering platforms for restaurants, custom content management systems for law firms, an economic mobility research platform, and many more.
We are looking for great people to join our team, so if you don't check all the boxes, but believe you can do the job, reach out and tell us why – your experience might be just what we're looking for!
Happy Cog is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, protected veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability.
We are also proud to have been on the Inc 5000 list of America's fastest growing companies for 7 years in a row! For more information go to our website: https://www.happycog.com.
Be the first to know aboutnew jobs every week
Get 8 new jobs with salaries, once per week! Sign up here so you don't miss a single newsletter.