Bloom Procurement Services is a technology led procurement organisation that helps our public sector customers deliver social outcomes. Our purpose is to enable brilliant outcomes today that build a better tomorrow. We have a supportive culture based on our Trademark Behaviours and we continuously seek ways to improve our work environment for our people. Some of our initiatives include wellbeing campaigns, learning and development opportunities, anonymous feedback to senior management, mental health first aiders and more…If we sound like the type of business you want to be part of read more about the role of Senior Software Engineer.
About the engineering team:
They are working hard to build a growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured engineering team, where each member of the team can see the vital contribution they are making. You’ll have lots of ownership to shape your role and influence the development of our new team, you’ll be working with the latest cloud-native tech, and you’ll be working in a DevOps environment where everyone is committed to continuous learning, experimentation, and self-improvement.
Key Accountabilities of the Senior Software Engineer include:
- Work collaboratively with our product team and the rest of the engineering team to develop new features and infrastructure based on cloud native technologies, and to resolve complex software engineering problems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement solutions to complex software engineering problems
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design, and supporting the rest of the team in troubleshooting issues
- Design and develop software systems and applications using various programming languages and frameworks (primarily Python and Java)
- Mentoring junior software engineers
- Strong finishing expertise and the ability to see tasks through to completion
- Evidence of assertiveness and the ability to suggest and make decisions efficiently and effectively
- Extensive of experience in software engineering
- Strong proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience with database systems such as PostgreSQL
- Strong experience working in a Scrum, Kanban or XP environment
- £65k + potential 10% bonus as part of our company bonus scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Monday to Friday, flexible working
- Remote working, UK based
- 25 days holiday p.a. plus bank holidays and you can also buy up to 5 days, paid back over 12 months (Pro-rata), when you reach 2 years’ service this will rise to 26 days, then 1 day with each year of service up to 5 years
- Holiday buying scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Pension scheme
- Electrical vehicle salary sacrifice scheme once probationary period has been passed
Be the first to know aboutnew jobs every week
Get 8 new jobs with salaries, once per week! Sign up here so you don't miss a single newsletter.