To support a variety of Lytt services and the main data visualisation user interface. You will be working with other backend engineers and data engineers to improve some of the services and data pipelines/flows.
About the role:
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Write well-designed, testable code.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
- Routinely inspect server code for speed optimisation.
- Work collaboratively with a cross functional team where software is product led, design driven, data informed and customer centric.
- Prior experience as a backend software engineer.
- Familiar operating in scrum or kanban methodologies.
- Experience with micro-services architectures and environments (ECS, K8s) and communication protocols. between services (messaging, GRPC, REST, Graphql).
- Vast knowledge of Java or Python.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Proficiency in software engineering tools.
- Experience with dependency management tools like poetry or gradle.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field or relevant experience.
- You have a go to strategy for monitoring, scaling, tracing, deploying software.
- You know what works in an Agile environment and what doesn’t.
- You are knowledgeable about distributed stream processing engines as Apache Flink and or flow-based. tools such as Node-RED or Apache Nifi.
- You have a favourite Cloud where you feel at home.
- You master an IaC tool or framework.
- Flexible working
- We're happy for you to be fully remote within the UK
- 25 days annual leave
- A (genuine) commitment to wellness
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- A brilliant team, who care
Be the first to know aboutnew jobs every week
Get crypto 8 new jobs with salaries, once per week! Sign up here so you don't miss a single newsletter.