As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down to earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team
Our backend engineers are reimagining Turo's backend and driving microservice development to prepare for the next 10x in traffic. Engineers are involved in designing, building and deploying new microservices to meet the ever-growing demands of our platform.
Our APIs, internal services, and web app are at the core of our stable of software that's reinventing mobility. Be a member of a small team of talented engineers and designers and play a major role in shaping an exciting app that's changing how people travel and think about car ownership.
What you'll do
- You will collaborate extensively with product management, design, and engineers to develop product features that drive our metrics.
- You will produce high-quality maintainable code, test it, collaboratively review it and ship it.
- You will identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design.
- You will develop tools and utilities to diagnose and fix problems.
- Ensure proper technical design and documentation.
- Work efficiently in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are desired.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience shipping high-scale code to production.
- Fluent in at least one language - e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- Possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, database concepts, distributed systems, and search.
- Strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- Enjoy solving problems and helping others meet their goals.
- Curious about container orchestration systems such as kubernetes and infrastructure as code tools such as terraform.
- Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting systems and tools.
- Passionate about search, streaming, database or other backend technologies.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Aside from an award winning work environment and the opportunity to be part of the world's largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don't meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing PeopleOps@turo.com.
Turo is the world's largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.