Software Development Engineerat 8minute Solar Energy (View all jobs)
Remote, United States
ABOUT 8MINUTE SOLAR ENERGY
As a record-breaking, unrivaled technology leader, 8minute Solar Energy (8minute) is championing the clean energy transition in the United States and shaping the future of energy through its next generation of smart solar power plants. Since its founding in 2009, 8minute has successfully put 2 GW of solar projects in operation and currently has over 18 GW of solar and 24 GWh of energy storage projects under development. By prioritizing technology and engineering innovation, 8minute’s best-in-class team has continued to set new industry records: developing the largest solar plant in the nation starting in 2011, delivering the first operational solar plant in the U.S. to beat fossil fuel prices in 2016, and securing a deal to deliver solar with storage at record-low prices in 2019. Now one of the largest solar developers in the country with an established track record of delivering above-market profitability, 8minute’s relentless pursuit of smart energy generation is unlocking growth and expanding access to affordable and reliable clean energy. For more information, please visit www.8minute.com, and follow 8minute on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Software Development Engineer at 8minute
As a Software Development Engineer at 8minute Solar Energy, you’ll have an active role in shaping the clean energy revolution. You’ll work with a talented team of mission-driven, technical professionals dedicated to building the software and physical infrastructure need to provide environmentally-sustainable energy to millions of households. Achieving this mission alongside us will require solving novel problems in forecasting energy demand and supply, simulating grid conditions, and optimizing the real-time behavior of massive-scale power plants. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to the technology we use to design the most efficient and sophisticated clean energy plants in existence. We’re looking for developers who are technically strong, hold a high bar, seek truth, and want to change the world.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Strong experience in Java Services (UI and backend), Database, and customer facing APIs
- Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
- Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software features, technical designs, and strategy
8minute Solar Energy offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package, including 401(k) and fully paid medical and dental benefits and unlimited PTO. We are an equal opportunity employer.