We are looking for a Junior Data Engineer to join our growing team of Data experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate has experience with data pipeline building and enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The junior data engineer will work with our experienced data engineering team to support data analysts and data scientists. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of joining this team with excellent room for advancement working with the latest AWS technology supporting and building our lake house architecture.
This position is 100% remote.
What you'd be doing:
- Designing and managing the ETL process workflows
- Modeling lake house data in all stages (raw, discovery, curated, and optimized warehouse database schemas)
- Coding transformation logic by writing reusable code and modules.
- Learning and developing QA strategies for data ingestion and transformation processes.
- Learning and implementing standards for data cleansing and masking.
- Working with senior data engineering members’ requirements to deliver data usable across the organization.
- Leaning and implementing security standards into the lake house.
- Work with other teams to deliver joint initiatives for database needs.
We're looking for someone who has 1+ years in the following:
- Data lake and/or Data Warehouse experience.
- Working with source control and/or CICD pipelines.
- Writing code in any flavor of SQL.
- Database development experience creating jobs and stored procedures.
- The ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with Product Owners, Developers, QA, Operations, and Security Engineers
- Production experience with AWS infrastructure.
- Working with Scala or Python code.
- Experience with AWS Glue infrastructure.
- Production experience with DB technologies such as RedShift, SQL Server, Athena, and Postgres
- Hands on experience tuning ETL processes and warehouse databases such as RedShift
- Working with AWS architecture such as S3, networking and DB technologies.
- Experience in production level warehouse design with high volume near real time ingestion and reporting.
If shaping the future of an industry sounds exciting, you’ll love working at SageSure! As a Business Insurance Best Places to Work in Insurance recipient two years in a row (2020-2021), we’ve created an environment where employees can thrive, enjoy their work and contribute to our overall growth. We provide generous health benefits and perks, including tuition reimbursement, wellness allowance, paid volunteer time off, a matching 401K plan and more. SageSure fosters inclusion, creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work.
We have nine office locations—Jersey City, NJ; Mountain View, CA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Tallahassee, FL; Cincinnati, OH; Houston, TX; Mt. Laurel, NJ; and Cheshire, CT—as well as numerous remote employees across the country. We’re energetic, forward-thinking problem solvers; come join our team! For more information on SageSure, visit www.sagesure.com/careers/.
SageSure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity, national origin or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
SageSure is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.