#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters - one team, one fight.
Malware Research Center:
The CrowdStrike Malware Research Center (MRC) is at the core of Falcon’s malware detection and response capabilities. The team has a focus on understanding the threat landscape and sets the target for what Falcon should be identifying and preventing. Additionally, MRC is responsible for understanding our capabilities and mapping how well our machine learning and behavioral protection capabilities are doing against those threats. Where there is a gap, MRC takes action to improve our detection stance and improve our overall protection story. MRC works across CrowdStrike to ensure we are on target and provide the best protection for our customers.
About the Role:
Using multiple sources of input, the Threat Research Engineer will evaluate threats and determine how Falcon can mount an effective defense. The analysis can range from simple execution and review of the behaviors to reverse engineering. As Falcon is first a behavior-based system, understanding how the threat works and interacts with the host environment is important. The Threat Research Engineer will be expected to use appropriate techniques to efficiently understand the threat and identify how to best mitigate it.
Additionally, this role will be looked on as the go to person for understanding new threats and formulating an opinion on how CrowdStrike should respond. Leaning on a proven track record of threat analysis, the successful candidate will be comfortable focussing on appropriate threats and clearly communicating key technical details of those threats.
As the gateway to the response organization for many new threats, good cross team collaboration skills are important. Clear, effective, and actionable communication of technical details is the key to success. The Threat Research Engineer will work with engineering teams to define automation improvements to reduce time spent on manual threat analysis efforts. Like communicating threat details, prioritizing automation tasks and features will help define success in this role.
The Threat Research Engineer must understand the bigger picture of threat analysis and be able to convey it to engineering teams. The team will look to the successful candidate to help define and prioritize the roadmap for analysis automation. These tools and systems will ultimately automate manual data collection so more time can be spent on understanding the threat.
- Develop solutions in both user mode and kernel mode
- Develop tools to assist with the automation of malware analysis
- Reverse engineer malware
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams in various physical locations
- Write blog articles on novel threats and research results
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive understanding of security methodologies, technologies, and best practices
- Comfortable programming on Windows / Linux / Mac operating systems
- Experience in one of more programming languages (C++, Rust, Go, Python, C, etc.)
- Experience in software debugging
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts in verbal and graphical products
- Experience Reverse Engineering and using reverse engineering tools (Ida Pro, Ghidra, Binary Ninja, x64Dbg, etc.)
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Good understanding of techniques used by malware threat actors
- Experience with MITRE ATT&CK Framework, techniques, and sub techniques
- Experience with kernel level programming (Windows, Linux, Mac, Android)
- Experience with cloud computing technologies
- Security community participation (conference speaker, tool development contributor) is highly valued
- Strong knowledge of of the most prevalent malware families
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation - generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.CrowdStrike, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. For applicants in Colorado the salary range is $118,906 - $178,360 + bonus + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states.
CrowdStrike participates in the E-Verify program.
Notice of E-Verify Participation
Right to Work